Slow roasted honey & vinegar glazed corned beef
Recipe from Arnold Joe Kong
300 ml apple juice
100 ml honeys
8 baby potatoes
8 baby carrots
300 g beans, topped and tailed 1/2 cup egg mayonnaise
1 tablespoon hot english mustard
1 litre water
- Combine apple juice, honey, vinegar and 1 litre water. Mix well.
- Place corned brisket/silverside in a small baking dish. Pour over liquid ingredients. Cover with foil. Place in 90oC oven and cook for 10 hours, till beef is tender.
- Boil potatoes in a saucepan of salted water. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add carrots, cook for 5 minutes. Add beans and cook for a further minute. Drain and toss in butter and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard, mixing well.
- Slice beef and serve with potatoes, carrots and beans. Drizzle with meat cooking liquid and add dollop of mustard mayonnaise.
Copyright © 2021 John Tomlinson